- This event has passed.
2016 Bay Area Battery Summit
November 18, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm$150
Emerging energy storage technologies and effective state and federal policies have, and will continue to drive important changes to the nation’s transportation and electric grid infrastructure and ecosystems. However, uncertainty in technology choices and policy options may hinder the speed of adoption and growth. What more could be happening within universities, national laboratories, industry, the U.S. Congress, governors’ offices, and state legislatures that would further drive rapid deployment of transformative energy storage technologies?
Organized by CalCharge and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, this one-day summit will address fundamental questions about energy storage Research Development, Demonstration, and Deployment (RDD&D.) The summit will bring together thought leaders to encourage in-depth conversations about:
- Technology needs in transportation and the grid
- Current status of battery technology
- Policy developments to speed progress and technology adoption
- Mitigating marketplace challenges
- Exciting new developments that could revolutionize the way energy is stored